A True Farm to Table Experience - Rustic Tuscany Weddings
Poder d'Orcia is the ideal place for an intimate countryside wedding in a secluded hidden area in Tuscany just about a half hour away from Siena.
Nestled between in the Tuscan hills of the quintessential Tuscan countryside of Val d'Orcia in the Province of Siena, this ancient farmhouse, transformed into a country inn and spa, will offer you a warm, genuine hospitality. You will be welcomed as family into their large estate, rich with charm. This Farmhouse/Inn is outside of Pienza.
You will be pampered by their cuisine, delighted by their olive oil and freshly grown vegetables from their garden. They have a small spa where the guests can pamper themselves and acres of property where you can take long walks through their farmland, among the gentle hills the Val d'Orcia. Immersed in a surreal, almost heavenly peaceful atmosphere, you will be able to walk for hours in the woods or along the country Sienese roads that lead to Montisi, Castelmuzio, the Monastery of Sant'Anna in Camprena, Pienza, San Quirico d'Orcia, savoring the ancient fragrances of rural Tuscany.
Distance from major airports:
Distance from Train Station:
- Perugia airport (80 km) about 90-minute drive away, is the closest airport, with regular flights to London Stansted, Brussels and domestic destinations
- Rome's two airports, Fiumicino and Ciampino (200 km) about a 2 hour drive away, and is the better choice for flights to major UK airports and international destinations
- Florence airport (70 km) is about a 1 hour drive
- Name of station: Stazione di Siena in the town Siena: serves trains to Rome, Florence, Milan and Venice. It's a 30-minute drive to the estate from Siena
- Avis office near the station. For information on train times, see Trenitalia
- There are taxis at the station - they are there till the last train arrives.
- Legal civil ceremonies MUST take place in the town hall of Pienza, (only 5 kilometers away) followed by an aperitif at Podere D'Orcia
- Blessings/Symbolic are ceremonies without legal or civil restrictions, and therefore are performed by a Master of Ceremonies, rather than a clergyman or state official. The ceremony suits couples who have already had a civil or church ceremony, but is also perfect for those who wish to renew their wedding vows for an anniversary. Your blessing can be celebrated in various locations on the grounds of Podere D'Orcia.
In the fields amongst the olive trees
the grounds can be used for spectacular outdoor ceremonies with views over the Tuscan hills.
Capacity: up to 35 chairs (wrought iron chairs with white cushion)
In the event of bad weather, your ceremony can take place in the public room with its amazing Tuscan fireplace, stone walls terracotta tiles, you feel the real Tuscan atmosphere
- Protestant ceremony without legal effects with English Speaking Minister (Church of England/CofE)
Note: This can take place at the Protestant Church in Siena or on the grounds of Podere D'Orcia. In this case, you must do the legal civil wedding at the Town Hall prior to the religious ceremony. This can possibly be done in the morning of the same day as the religious ceremony or day(s) before. The church in Siena is an hour drive, it's 50 kilometers.
- Jewish, etc., ceremonies can take place at Podere D'Orcia
- Catholic weddings must take place in one of 2 churches in Pienza (only 5 kilometers away): Duomo of Pienza or Pieve di Corsignano (small romantic Church). There is an English speaking Priest.